Thursday, November 03, 2005

What to do when you stop looking?

My man JAC got it right; the best way to find something is to stop looking (Just another reason why I'm convinced that Locke on LOST is our savior.) But that's certainly easier to believe, and to advise, in hindsight. That's not to say I don't believe it. I do. In fact, I believe that enjoying the processes of life while not worrying about results is one of the best ways to find happiness, and ironically, the results that you were looking for.

In theory, this is all wonderful. But in practice, it's not always so easy. I've been there since the first date between JAC and his girlfriend. Watching them develop as a couple has been quite the experience. At times, it's been incredibly difficult to be around. I mean, who really wants to see two people in love on a bed next to them when their girlfriend has just cheated on them? Or when they're really feeling lonely?

"Baby talk? Again?

"Dude, come on, she already said her prayers!"

But, kidding aside, it's also been a great experience. To see firsthand that love can be everything it's cracked up to be validates everything I'd like to believe in. It allows me to sit here and say that you should stop looking. It gives hope that the world is a good place, and that good things come to those who wait.

I've never been more ready for a relationship. And It's never proved quite so elusive. I've met some pretty cool ladies along the way who have raised my standards. But since the right thing to do is not look for it, what am I supposed to do?

I have no obligations right now, so what better time than to do the things that I love to do? What better time than to create projects, go on road-trips, get in great shape, explore the city, and focus on my career? All of those things will make me a better person, and hopefully more ready for that special lady when she comes around. (Or realizes that the guy she's dating really is an asshole..)There are times, I think, when you're not meant to be in a relationship and I think it's a disservice to yourself if you spend that time wishing it were otherwise.

So for those of you out there who are frustrated with the absence of a relationship, or lack of datable fellas in the city,I challenge you to take the time to learn about yourself and do the things that you love to do.

When you're really involved in that, you won't care so much about looking, and at the very least, you'll have some interesting things to say when he/she taps you on the shoulder.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bellezza said...

can you say "facebook group"?

12:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home